Digital Artist, Rigging
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. In this role you will work as part of a 3D asset creation team to build production ready models that will be used for ideation and visualization purposes (both still and animation) of all Apple’s products.
- 3-5 years of experience in a 3D computer graphics production environment
- Expert at crafting highly functional product rigs in Maya
- Experienced in MEL and Python scripting
- Experience with modeling and animation a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills when working with other 3D artists in a pipeline
- Excellent attention to detail and a real passion for quality and the pursuit of artistic excellence
- Highly organized, ambitious and able to adapt and learn in a dynamic environment
As a 3D rigging artist, you will be an integral part of a team of 3D/CG artists working on a variety of product visualization across various media channels You need extraordinary technical abilities to troubleshoot advanced 3D rigging issues, as well as a deep understanding of Maya rigging tools including joint and skeleton creation, weighting, FK and IK setup, blend-shapes and deformers In addition to these technical abilities, you are quick, deadline-driven and possess excellent problem solving, organization, and interpersonal skills You are independent, able to adapt to ever-changing situations with creativity and innovation and work in ambiguity while still delivering results on time We believe in working in a collaborate environment with a passion and love of the creative process.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience