iOS Framework Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems team and drive innovation that matters! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives. If you're passionate about creating the best possible user-experiences, helping drive standard methodologies, and seeing your work used all over the world then we may have the job for you! In this role you will have an impact on NFC and ApplePay.
- 3+ years of experience in mobile application or firmware development.
- Strong programming experience in iOS, Swift, and Objective C.
- Experience with SDK development and API design.
- System programming including daemons, libraries, multithreading, and IPC.
- Familiarity with NFC, Global Platform, and payment systems is a plus
- Additional desired skills that would be a plus:
- OSX programming experience
- Low level communication protocols such as UART and I2C
- Hardware validation and bringup, including scoping and tracing UART/I2C
- Experience with NFC protocols (ISO14443, ISO15693, ISO7816)
As a member of the NFC team you will help develop NFC software to enable extraordinary NFC experiences such as CoreNFC, ApplePay, and GymKit. In this role you will develop system services for NFC including SDKs and APIs, support new hardware, participate in feature design, and define specifications. Your responsibilities will range from developing and improving publicly available APIS the high end of the stack down to hardware validation and debugging at the bottom of the stack. We work closely with many other engineering teams across Apple including iOS, UI, hardware, and server teams. We also work with various external partners. Our goals are simple but the task is large; create the most amazing products on the planet that our customers will love. You thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams You are obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways You are laser-focused on the smallest details that are significant to our customers You have excellent problem solving and intuitive debugging skills You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude You are eager to get into the details! **Open for San Diego location**
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or Equivalent