Manager, Supply Demand Management
Austin, Texas, United States
Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing devices with iPad and has announced Apple Watch, its most personal device ever. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store, continues the rapid pace of innovation of mobile software with iOS and integrated services including Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world with OS X, and free iOS and OS X apps like iWork and iMovie. Make a difference. Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Manager of Supply and Demand Planning to support one of our products. The Manager, Americas Supply and Demand Planning will own the product availability and revenue plan attainment for their product line throughout North and South America. This person will manage a team of individual contributors, and along with them act as a focal point in development, communication, and execution of product demand and supply plans, to meet Apple’s overall financial goals. World class operational excellence is a cornerstone of Apple's success, and the Americas Supply Demand organization plays a critical role in ensuring operational and financial success for Apple.
- Build a self sustaining team. Provide coaching and solid management systems to ensure the team is efficient and highly effective.
- Able to develop strategic organizational changes to focus on each IC's strengths. Provide support in the IC's development and career objectives.
- Prior experience in people management, product planning, production control, inventory management, or production / manufacturing operations.
- The candidate must combine a working knowledge of world class supply chain practices, strong analytical capabilities, and business savvy.
- The candidate must be able to exert tactful influence in a matrixed organization - must be a strong team player and communicator.
- Candidate should be comfortable presenting to executive management.
- Be able to both think strategically and execute tactically
- Must possess a persistent attention to detail and a high level of comfort in working with numbers.
-Analyze forecasted demand, inventory, and direct sell through to develop and manage weekly and quarterly supply plans. Results should meet Apple’s quarterly financial revenue plans, while achieving aggressive order cycle time goals and minimizing finished goods liability. Evaluate risks to the plan and implement contingency plans to mitigate. -Analyze product order bookings, backlog, and billings on a daily basis. Identify problem areas, and drive appropriate functional groups to correct. -Coordinate closely with supplier management teams to ensure supply plans support online, retail store, and channel weekly sell through, while maintaining appropriate inventory levels. Coordinate with multiple internal teams to set launch quantities and ensure smooth product transitions. -Enable Apple Retail growth by partnering with Apple Retail merchant teams to support Best in Class supply chain with high sales velocity. Maintain right sized inventory targets in retail stores and hubs without impacting Retail in-stocks. Streamline supplier to store supply chains to minimize time to market, excess cost, and damages. Partner with logistics and finance to minimize excess handling on returned product and maximize time to money. -Improve product planning processes. Identify improvement opportunities, marshal resources, and drive projects to completion to achieve targeted measurable benefits.
Education & Experience
BA/BS Required. MBA Desirable. APICS certification a plus.
- The successful candidate will have 6 plus years Operations experience, preferably in a high tech or computer-related industry.