Senior Process Engineer for Panel Quality Engineering (PQE)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for a world-class Display/Sensor Process/Quality Engineer to lead the engineering and manufacturing activities to launch the next-generation display technologies for the displays in award-winning Apple products. The Display Process/quality Team is responsible for delivering the technologies with high quality products to enable the world’s best Apple display products. Each individual will lead process improvement and product quality of new display panels from the engineering build to the product ramp.
- Hands-on experience, in-depth technical knowledge, and proven track record in Display/Sensor technologies such as TFT-LCD, AMOLED and touch sensor or semiconductor processes.
- Demonstrated ability to perform display backplane/cell/OLED/roll2roll sensor processes or semiconductor processes. Capability to execute DOE, SPC, failure analysis and yield improvement
- Experienced in a basic display process technology and operation principles for TFT, LC, OLED and sensors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
Process Development - Assess a technology risk considering optimum design for manufacturability. Plan a validation exercises to demonstrate initial feasibility as well as manufacturing capability. - Review progress of development activities at supplier sites and serve as a point of escalation for critical process related issues. Assign follow-up action items, as needed, to drive ongoing improvements for process capability based on process specification. - Analyze test and validation results to provide technical recommendations for manufacturing. New Product Introduction - Acts as a leading engineer to drive process development and capability assessment activities for product category. - Review product/process design documentations to ensure alignment with process capability. - Present timely, concise reports advising the readiness of manufacturing processes to diverse set of program stakeholders. - Establish validation procedures to determine acceptance of tooling into development builds as well as mass production. Supplier Execution - Review supplier’s design, process flow, equipment selection, DFM, and DOE proposals. Identify shortfalls and corrective actions to ensure design compliance. - Work with supplier engineering teams to map out process development exercises, secure resources, secure FA in order to improve yield and contribute to schedules in the line with program goals. - Assess supplier’s production readiness to support build events and production ramp. Identify potential execution issues and provide recommendations to mitigate risk. - Ensure processes and suppliers are performing as expected during production ramp, immediately addressing escalations. - Monitor supplier’s process performance (Cpk) periodically to prevent quality issue.
Education & Experience
- Ph.D or BS/MS with 5+ years experience in display manufacturing or semiconductor engineering areas.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- - Background with transistor/optics for displays, materials, semiconductor process.
- - Knowledge of TFT, electrical and optical operations in display/sensor technology
- - Periods travel required (up to 30%)