Machine Learning Audio Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for a Machine Learning Audio Engineer to develop next generation spatial audio algorithms. You will work closely with the audio teams from across the company to guide the future of Apple’s spatial audio technology and experience across our products. •Perform independent research and development of emerging and future audio technologies •Develop spatial audio and room acoustics algorithms •Develop & maintain next-generation iOS/macOS audio engines and tools for use in prototyping and future products. Collaborate cross functionally with relevant teams to establish Machine Learning requirements and roadmap
- Strong understanding of cutting-edge machine learning techniques
- Understanding of room acoustics theory and sound propagation
- Experience with acoustics simulation algorithms (wave physics, geometrical acoustics, auralization)
- Experience with human perception of spatial sound
- Experience with spatial audio engines and spatial reproduction techniques (Binaural, Multichannel, Ambisonics) Excellent C/C++ coding skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience with executive presentations
- Experience in the following strongly encouraged: Python/MATLAB, Computer Vision, Digital Signal Processing, and/or room acoustics measurement and simulation applications.
Apple’s Technology Development Group is a group within Apple charged with research and development of new product categories and core technologies. You will join a face-paced audio hardware / software engineering team that is charged with researching, designing, and developing next- generation audio technology.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD - Computer Science, Electrical Engineering