Zero Waste Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As the Zero Waste Program Manager, you will be responsible for the driving the implementation of Apple’s corporate facilities zero waste program. As part of the Global Energy & Sustainability team, you’ll work to build partnerships across business groups and drive initiatives in a collaborative way, all with the goal of minimizing waste generation and increasing diversion from landfill to more productive uses. You’ll be adept at aligning business and engineering implications while taking into account applicable regulatory and market constraints. Above all, you will be results-oriented and data-driven.
- Experience and knowledge with circular economy concepts, particularly in the context of facilities and materials resource management
- Proven ability to deliver results and translate qualitative actions into quantitative impact
- Persuasive style and motivational skills that drive participation across a large, disparate business units within the company
- Grasp of regulatory requirements and market dynamics at the municipal level through international level; understanding of hauling and waste transportation processes in diverse geographies
- A consistent track record in managing cross-functional waste or materials programs with proven ability to resolve issues, build relationships and achieve consensus
- Innovative, iterative mindset to tackle problematic materials and areas for behavioral, design and technological improvement
- 8-10 years’ experience as a program manager in a fast paced, often ambiguous environment, with personnel management experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate technical information in a concise way to a non-technical audience, and vice versa
- Knowledge of key zero waste certification programs including TRUE, UL, Living Building Standard, etc.
Work with facilities maintenance, retail operations, data center, finance and procurement teams to deliver on Apple’s corporate waste reduction and landfill waste diversion targets Develop robust data management program in conjunction with environmental data analyst to measure and report progress Identify additional areas for focus, e.g. low carbon building materials Support other program teams with occasional data requests and guidance requests around environmentally-preferable operational or procurement decisions
Education & Experience
Prefer: Graduate degree in environmental field or BA / BA with 10+ years’ experience