Theatrical Mastering Specialist
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it The Video Operations group, part of Apple Media Product, is seeking a Theatrical Mastering Specialist to assist in Master Level Asset Management, servicing, and element creation for Apple branded original content. We're growing and urge you to apply. We Believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. The Video Operations team focuses on creating the premiere video experience for all content types, with impact throughout the industry, for a worldwide digital audience. Ideal candidates are not only passionate about entertainment, but also care deeply about the customer experience, and can contribute to a diverse organization with expertise in Partner Relations, TV App Services, Video Services, Music Video Content, Technical Operations, and Quality Control. Our responsibilities include working with distribution partners, ingestion of all video, audio, and ancillary assets, collaborating with developers on integration into our platforms & services, along with supporting localization, accessibility, quality control and more. We are a group of self-starters that thrive in a team oriented environment, utilizing analytical skills to compliment problem-solving abilities, to arrive at efficient solutions— all in order to support our collective goal of providing a truly extraordinary global customer experience for our EST/VOD, OTT, and subscription platforms.
- Minimum of 7-10+ years’ experience in Mastering/Re-mastering/distribution Project Management at Studio, Television, or Mastering facility.
- We are looking for someone with advanced knowledge in the following areas:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of episodic and Theatrical workflows.
- Familiarity with theatrical Dolby Vision finishing, Dolby Atmos and IMAX specifications.
- Background in Color Science, Aspect Ratios, and Theatrical Audio formats.
- Have experience working with filmmakers and senior management teams.
- Have knowledge of Audio/Video containers, codecs, and file formats.
- You must be collaborative, organized and a team player.
- You must work well under pressure and with tight turnaround times.
- You are able to manage multiple expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- You have strong presentation skills, ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization
- Must have the ability to make decision independently.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to see the big picture
- Are you comfortable with a level of ambiguity?
- Ability to travel for work (including international travel)
- Have flexibility to respond during off hours for urgent or timely matters.
The Theatrical Mastering Specialist will be responsible for and oversee the following: • You will identify and determine stakeholder needs for incoming orders, arrange assets moves, create, track and deliver Theatrical Distribution elements. • You will foster collaborative relationships and liaise with Post-Production, PR and Acquisition teams to coordinate viewing events ranging from QC, Premieres, Press and Talent Screenings. • You will have an extensive technical experience with color formats, DCP creation, image and audio QC, distribution, and KDM management workflows. • You will assist in overseeing the logistics of Theatrical Mastering distribution operations, working with 3rd party vendors, shipping companies and theaters (domestic and international). • You will work with Theatrical Mastering management to identify efficiencies and process improvements. • You will work alongside the Archive and Platform Mastering Operations team, support and execute ordering master deliverables assets (video/audio) for platform stakeholders and 3rd party clients/vendors. • You will monitor all milestone and partner due dates, update schedules, issue alerts if a project is at risk and report status throughout final delivery to Operation Management. • You will create purchases orders for Theatrical Mastering and archiving services, reconcile invoices for final approval and payment. • You will assist with data entry of Theatrical Mastering titles (Feature/Series) information into Inventory tracking systems. • Have basic knowledge of principles for digital archival management, migration and preservation. • Other responsibilities as assigned by Management
Education & Experience
College education preferred, plus 7-10+ years’ experience Mastering/Re-mastering/distribution Project Management at Studio, Television, or Mastering facility.