Optical Sensing HW - Laser Safety Engineer (Laser Sensing)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop, and launch next-generation Sensing Technologies. The Laser Sensing Hardware team is seeking a Laser Safety Lead for designing laser-safety architecture for optical modules and sensor applications.
- KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This role requires ability to learn and explore new areas quickly, deal well with ambiguity, and take responsibility for project success. The ability to work, lead, and communicate in a cross-functional environment is required. The ideal applicant will have direct experience in 4-5 of the areas listed below and have some knowledge of the others.
- - Experience with optical simulation tools (LightTools, Matlab, etc)
- - Experience with analog and mixed signal processing and board bringup
- - Able to formulate/setup and conduct experiments to validate simulations.
- - Fail-safe electronic-circuit or S/W algorithm design.
- - IEC-60825 and other relevant laser safety specs.
- - Expertise in Fault tree and FMEA generation.
- - Experience using C/C++, C#, Matlab, or Python for lab equipment control, data collection, and data analysis
- - Experience with image processing and quantitative imaging analysis
The Laser Sensing Hardware group at Apple develops laser-sensing hardware, including components of the revolutionary FaceID system. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers are responsible for architecture, research, and manufacturing development of such sensing systems for Apple products.
Education & Experience
Degree in Physics, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering. 2+ years of industry experience in a development and manufacturing environment preferred
- - Our team is located at Apple’s headquarters in Cupertino, California.
- - Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.