Software Integrity Engineer - Backend QA
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Curated Libraries, Memories and Portrait Mode which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by leveraging on-device machine learning and by using iCloud Photos to keep customers’ photos and videos securely stored in iCloud and accessible across their devices. The Camera and Photos QA team is seeking for an experienced and talented individual to help ensure that our products are of the highest quality. We are looking for a highly organized problem solver who has meticulous attention to detail and is a strong quality advocate with good planning mindset. This position requires a self-motivated individual with significant QA experience, excellent cross-functional communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to adjust to rapid change.
- Possess a deep understanding of Software testing and QA methodologies
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, and confident in managing and re-prioritizing daily tasks as needed
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills, and thrives in a dynamic, collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrate ability to own a complete functional area of a feature
- Ready to deep dive into technical areas as needed and has ability to summarize key points
- Ability to extract user scenarios from software feature descriptions and requirements to translate them into effective test plans and cases.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to your teammates
- In-depth knowledge of macOS and iOS operating systems and devices.
- Experience with shell to utilize command-line tools
- Experience developing complex data sets for targeted testing and validation
- Being a Photos user is highly desirable
- 5+ years of experience as a software QA engineer required
- An interest in Photography is a plus.
- Knowledge of Python or Swift is a plus.
As a Software Quality Integrity Engineer, you will take on an active role in coordinating testing efforts. You will be deeply involved with our development engineers and your peers in QA to design, create, execute, and maintain manual and automated test suites. You will also be responsible for reporting on testing progress and the overall health of your assigned areas throughout the development cycle. You will create problem reports and then track their resolution through completion. You will partner with automation SW engineers for the first level pre-submission triaging and analysis of issues. You will also create tailored tools to help facilitate testing for yourself and others. A successful candidate will need to be passionate, results oriented with a strong multitasking skills.
Education & Experience
Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience