Acoustics Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Sound is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience - Apple has assembled a world-class Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. In Apple Acoustics we work with obsessive attention to detail, directly contributing to products that ship to millions of people around the world. Our Acoustics team is looking for an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to drive the design, development and integration of acoustic HW/SW into Apple products.
- 3+ years technical project management experience in consumer electronics
- Excellent listening, communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and an ability to deal well with rapid development cycles
- Ability to drive and prioritize, while fostering a collaborative environment
- Capacity to travel internationally to support builds at component and system manufacturers
- A passion for audio and acoustics
- Experience driving international OEM/ODM partners
- Familiarity with speaker, microphone, and transducer technologies
- Good knowledge of acoustics performance metrics
- Mandarin language
Acoustic EPMs are responsible for managing and communicating project definition, development schedules, and project status in the development of new acoustic modules. EPMs are fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled engineering teams to identify and resolve potential pitfalls to the schedule and risks to the quality of the product. Success is defined in terms of the quality and timeliness of the pre-production builds and the start of mass production. It is our responsibility to advocate for the best overall acoustic performance throughout the organization and drive a talented, passionate, experienced multi-functional team and external suppliers. We deliver acoustic modules on schedule, facilitating risk management and communicating status and issues to the development team and Apple executives. We do this by remaining in touch with big picture issues.
Education & Experience
Our most successful EPMs have a technical degree, such as a BS/MS in Engineering or Physics. However, strong PM skills and an ability to learn quickly and think on your feet can be sufficient for the right candidate. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.