iPhone Acoustic Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Sound is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience - Apple has assembled a world-class Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. In Apple Acoustics we work with obsessive attention to detail, directly contributing to products that ship to millions of people around the world. Our iPhone Acoustics Integration team has comprehensive overall acoustics ownership of the full system acoustics performance all the way from concept phase to mass production. This requires continuous multi-functional collaboration with a wide variety of teams ranging from transducer design and audio tunings to system hardware, software, mechanics, quality and reliability. The iPhone Integration team is looking for someone who enjoys collaboration with high initiative and wants to make a phenomenal engineering contribution to enable industry-leading electronic devices.
- A proven technical background (5+ years) in an acoustics engineering role, ideally producing high-volume portable electronic devices
- Expertise in one of more of the following: audio electronics, audio transducer design, perceptual & subjective audio quality evaluation, acoustic test and measurement analysis
- Experience with integration of speakers and microphones into products
- Proficiency in signal processing and data analysis (e.g. MATLAB)
- Understanding of acoustic and structural resonance and vibration
- Proven success in the areas of design, manufacturing and failure analysis of audio systems
- Experience with mass production and/or shipping consumer products, particularly with offshore manufacturers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- You may have a real passion for playing a musical instrument
Do you have an inventive design approach, and have you owned audio system architecture from concept to mass production? Do you like solving speaker and microphone acoustic integration challenges while collaborating with multi-functional teams? Are you proficient at communicating technical audio and acoustic concepts to project teams and management? Can you travel Internationally to support engineering activities (required, approximately 20%)?
Education & Experience
Most of our engineers have advanced degrees in Acoustics, Signal Processing, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent field, but if you’ve followed a different path to expertise in acoustics or sound quality, we still want to hear from you. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.