Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Sound is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience – Apple has assembled a world-class Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity, and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. In Apple Acoustics we work with obsessive attention to detail, directly contributing to products that ship to millions of people around the world. Our Noise & Vibration team contributes to hardware design, validation, and troubleshooting to minimize distracting audible noises and optimize their sound quality. We are a mixed team of acoustics and vibration experts, accomplished listeners, and creative problem solvers. We work daily with multi-functional teams to find innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges. We are looking for an Acoustics Technician to join a group of dedicated and passionate engineers.
- Dedication to developing superior products as part of the Apple Acoustics team
- Proficiency in computing (email, web, file storage, spreadsheets, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to instruct and interact closely with user study participants
- Ability to follow equipment operation procedures, written test procedures, etc
- Organizational skills to maintain shared lab environment and engineering workspaces
- Basic electronics (multimeter, hand-tools, etc)
- Experience in testing/development of consumer electronics products, especially audio/acoustic testing
- Knowledge of basic acoustics, from education or experience
- Passion for music or audio
- Experience with scheduling using corporate calendar systems
- Experience in customer service/support
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and replace problem components in electronic systems
Organization, pickup and delivery of prototypes and equipment in and around Apple campus. Preparing product test or user study setups with equipment and prototypes. Reworking of small electronic components using soldering, micro-fasteners, adhesives, etc. Operation of oscilloscopes, power supplies, multimeters, sound recording equipment, etc. Implementing technical product test instructions and written user study procedures. Scheduling of high volume of user study participants using calendar, email, and phone. Greeting, escorting, and providing test instructions to user study participants. Preparing and processing product test data and user study results (organization of data in spreadsheets, data entry, etc.) Operate and configure Mac OS X and iOS devices, including hardware and firmware/software configuration and modifications.
Education & Experience
High-school diploma or equivalent certificate required. Additional college or relevant professional technical training preferred. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.