Higher Education, Direct Account Executive
New York City, New York, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. At the end of the day, our education customers need to know that, with their significant investments in our technologies, everything’s going to work as promised. We are the ones who make believers out of them.
- You have a strong pedigree in major accounts consultative selling in the Higher Education sector. In your experience, you’ve balanced delivering on short-term goals, while creating sustainable value for customers, and demand for the future.
- You have detailed knowledge of the US education market with a demonstrated ability to engage with Senior Executives and influencer organizations at the national level.
- You have a proven record in Sales and Business Leadership roles.
- You are passionate about how Apple technology can transform learning.
- Proven experience working effectively across geographies and functions and in a matrix organization
- Proven experience managing the implementation of complex and cross-functional projects.
- Experience with a global brand with strategic regional execution.
- Ability to inspire, influence and collaborate across many functions and levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize tasks and handle time efficiently while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills.
- Willing to take action and enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
You will be responsible for leading and enhancing the Sales Engagement for Higher Education in New York, NY. Through our Indirect sales approach, working and levering the partner ECO systems will be crucial to the success of this role. You will be working cross-functionally across many elements at Apple including Marketing, Sales, Finance and Product Management to increase our Education Solutions (i-Pad, iMac) in our territories. Develop new initiatives, sales programs and campaigns with the local key account and WW teams. Regularly reporting of performance results including short term and long term action plans. Apple and the industry •No matter the audience, you are an expert at presenting. And, you’re cool under pressure. You make the complex simple and you command an audience by bringing them along for the journey. You empower others to learn, to be curious and ultimately, share your passion for the Apple education story. When challenged with complex questions, you share your deep knowledge of the market and how our hardware, software and services integrate. •Apple doesn’t cut corners, in products or in business. You bring the highest level of integrity, honesty, and accountability in all that you do, every single day. You are a trusted advisor who does what you say you’ll do – and always does what’s best for Apple. Customer, partner and team relationships •You see the world through the eyes of the customer by deeply understanding their business needs, challenges, and concerns. At Apple, we obsess over how people experience our products and services. You not only meet our customers’ expectations, but you exceed them. •Customer needs can often be unique – but, you’re quick on your feet and connect and influence the right people both inside and outside of Apple. As a ‘go to’ person for leadership, you are trusted and comfortable in tough situations. You can settle disputes, negotiations and own the hard calls with minimal noise. You step up to conflicts and see them as opportunities to shine. •You believe that communication is key to Apple’s success. You’re a dreamer and someone who actively talks and listens through endless possibilities – with customers and teammates alike. To ensure that the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, patiently listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward. •You know yourself – you have strengths, weaknesses and opportunities - but you also know the people around you and are open to their feedback. You relate well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. When faced with a challenging opportunity, you know who to connect with and when. People know you as a true collaborator who knows what it takes to win. Strategy, solutions and results •You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that truly shape the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not essential and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be critical for growth and taking education to the next level. •You strive for excellence in everything you do. Due to changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or a final push to meet a quarterly forecast, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a ‘don’t give up’ attitude, and finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. You seize every opportunity and empower others to reach their goals along the way. •You adapt to change and find the right path without necessarily having all of the pieces to the puzzle. You shift gears and thrive when asked to explore new ground, rather than waiting on others.
Education & Experience
You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.