Advanced Display Manufacturing Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. As an Advanced Display Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for development, qualification, optimization, and production ramp of new process technology and equipment for manufacturing of displays for new Apple products including iPhone and Watch.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in the design and development of manufacturing processes and/or equipment in semiconductor, LCD and/or OLED technologies or similar industries.
- Experience in one or more of the following process technologies: PVD, CVD, etching, lamination, lithography, cleaning, thermal processing, precision dispensing.
- Experience in precision metrology, AOI, and yield modeling is preferred
- Proven ability to perform DOE, SPC, data analysis, and failure analysis
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills are required.
- Ability to travel internationally @ 25% - 30%
Advanced Display Manufacturing Engineers participate in the development and engineering of process technology and equipment to enable new features for display modules of Apple products. • In the early program phases, we partner with development engineering teams to evaluate various process technologies, equipment designs, and suppliers, and identify/select the best method for mass production. • In the middle program phases, we drive equipment/material suppliers to develop reliable, high-throughput, mass production-capable equipment that delivers tightly controlled process performance that meets pre-defined specifications. • In the later program phases, you will lead the roll-out of equipment, material, and process across the Apple display supply chain, optimize the process and equipment for device performance, yield, quality, reliability, and throughput, and ramp the new equipment/process into full mass production.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, or other similar fields
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.