Pipeline TD / Systems Engineer
Culver City, California, United States
Help shape the future of the Mac in the Pro content creation market. The Pro Workflow team is seeking Pipeline TD / Systems Engineer to join a team of Performance Architects and Workflow Content experts who build out workflows, analyze, and fix in hardware, software or 3rd party software. This position will be split between administrating the infrastructure, creating and maintaining a VFX pipeline for production work, and evaluating VFX pipeline tool chain on the Mac versus other platforms.
- 5+ years in Media and Entertainment industry
- Ability to research and learn new technology, software and hardware and bring to bear to solve novel problems
- Ability to work with a diversity of artists and engineers across three different sites.
- Knowledge & experience with 3D graphics & VFX content production; familiarity with relevant software (Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Arnold, RenderMan, etc)
- Manage and add new systems (Mac, Windows, Linux) to the Pro Workflow team including OS installs, network management, software, updates, swapping HW parts, and any troubleshooting with engineers or IT teams.
- Setup and maintain multiple render farms (Arnold, RenderMan, Nuke, etc) and hybrid cloud render farm computation
- Design and create an appropriate VFX pipeline spanning most of the content creation pipeline. Help to decide where to build or buy various software and then establish usage within the team.
- Expert knowledge with Python programming used in multiple Operating systems (MacOS, Linux, Windows)
- Bonus Qualifications --
- Advanced networking knowledge: Fiber, SDI and time sensitive networking for Audio
- Knowledge or experience with Storage systems: SMB, NFS, NAS and SANs
- Knowledge with Remote workstation technologies: Teradici, ThinkLogical, KVMs
- Advanced System management experience (Jamf, etc)
The Systems Engineer/Pipeline TD will be an excellent problem solver, have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and support a diverse team between LA, Portland, and Cupertino
Education & Experience
MS in Computer Science, similar degree or relevant experience