Siri - Site Reliability Engineer
Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
If you wish to play a part in revolutionizing how people use their computers and mobile devices; build ground breaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing & artificial intelligence; and work with the teams building the most scalable big-data systems in existence.. This is the role for you.
- More than one year experience handling Linux systems in a 24/7 production environment. Proficiency to program in Python, Ruby or Go at an intermediate level.
- Working knowledge of multi-tier applications, their dependencies and orchestration including load balancing, TCP/IP networking and web services. Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios and Graphite.
- Experience with configuration managers such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible, cloud and container management tools and service offerings.
- Exposure to deploying software releases and supporting CI/CD pipelines advantageous
- Proficiency with web server administration including Apache and Nginx preferred. Knowledge of database design, support and administration including MySQL, Postgres & HBase advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills shown through previous projects or work assignments
As part of this team, you will: Monitor production, staging, test and development environments for a myriad of applications in an agile and dynamic organization. Strive to improve the stability, security, efficiency and scalability of production systems by applying software engineering practices. Design, implement, and extend automation tools for infrastructure, application and container management Resolve future needs for capacity and investigate new products and/or features. Strong troubleshooting ability will be used daily; a successful Engineer will take steps on his or her own to isolate issues and resolve root cause through investigative analysis. The Engineer should be an independent problem-solver who is focused and capable of exhibiting deftness to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner. Build and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation reflecting configuration. Responsible for writing justifications, training users in complex topics, writing status reports and interacting with other Apple staff and management. The position will require rotating day, night and weekend shifts.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree