Siri- Engineering Manager, Domains Foundation
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The team at Apple doesn't just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Siri lives at the intersection of high scale and leading edge technology. Each of Siri's billions of weekly requests need to be understood, parsed, and executed in real time covering a scope of thousands of features in more than 30 locales on every Apple device category. On the Siri Domains Foundation team, you will drive cross-functional efforts in improving the quality of all Siri Domains.
- 10+ years of overall industry experience with 5+ building and leading a team of high-performing software engineers
- Leadership skills necessary to build, manage, and develop a team around a unified vision
- Experience in tools and frameworks development
- Communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- In-depth development experience with server-side languages and web services
The Siri team is looking for someone with a combination of strong technical skills and a desire to improve the quality of customer features. In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of Siri by hiring and managing a team that will collaborate with other engineers in several technical areas to standardize best practices, process, code, and tools with the aim of improving the performance, reliability, and accuracy of Siri. Specific Responsibilities Include: Providing technical leadership to the team Improving the performance and reliability of all Siri experiences Working with teams across the org to prioritize highest impact projects Providing tools and frameworks that the entire Siri org can benefit from Automating actionable reports that enable engineers to improve product quality
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience integrating data and services from multiple providers
- Experience with AI technologies including natural language processing and machine learning
- In-depth, hands on experience with Java and related technologies
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.