CAD Engineer - Dashboards & Regressions
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this highly visible role in our Data Analytics team, you will help develop CAD regression/dashboard development methodologies for a multi-site/multi-team environment within Apple. Quality is a critical aspect of everything we do and as a CAD engineer, you will work with design and CAD teams located across various sites and collect metrics from chip design flows and develop web based dashboards and visualizations to monitor the health of Apple chips.
- We are looking for engineers with 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience working with CAD flows in a chip design environment
- Strong scripting or programming experience in languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, shell etc.
- Experience developing web-based reporting and data visualizations (Splunk, Tableau, Grafana, Highcharts etc)
- Good understanding of configuration management systems (i.e. Git, Perforce)
- Familiarity with relational databases (i.e. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Ability to perform well on schedules and coordinate with multiple users and management across multiple teams
- Excellent communications skills and a team-player attitude
- High attention to detail with a real passion for software quality process
- Excellent troubleshooting or debugging skills
We are looking for a strong engineer to join our team who will: - Provide a comprehensive software regression and development environment across various flows and processes used in the chip design projects - Track, manage, and present quality metrics data from various chip design flows and projects - Interface and collaborate with multiple design teams and CAD engineers to drive data-mining, analytics and provide scalable web-based dashboards and visualizations - Work with local and remote team members to develop and document best-practices
Education & Experience
BS or MS Degree in EE/CE/CS or a technical discipline.