Manager, Program Management, Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is the most popular mapping application on iOS. We offer an incredible, connected experience across the Apple ecosystem – iOS, macOS, Apple Watch, tvOS, CarPlay – and are delivering the future of maps to hundreds of millions of customers. We are passionate about creating excellent user experiences. We make complex things simple and usable. And we build a product that makes an impact around the world. We work hard (and have fun doing it), put partnership above individual glory, and place high value on the relationships we build with our teams. The Experience Programs team builds the features our customers interact with. If you’ve ever searched for a restaurant, planned a route on public transit, asked Siri for driving directions, or explored a city in Look Around, you’ve seen our work. We are seeking a terrific people manager to join our Program Management team.
- 8+ years experience in Program Management, building consumer- or end-user-facing products.
- 5+ years experience managing Program Managers or Technical Product Managers.
- Extraordinary leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to amplify the effectiveness and abilities of your colleagues and directs.
- Proven ability to develop strong, encouraging relationships with partner teams (engineering, design, operations, etc.).
- Hands-on experience in going “zero to one” with features, concepts, or enhancements.
- Hands-on experience defining, building and delivering Internet or online services.
- Clear ability to understand and manage highly technical, complex systems.
- Incredibly strong execution skills.
- Experience working in a dynamic, high-velocity, results-driven environment.
- Mapping or GIS background a serious plus.
- International product development experience a plus.
Program Managers in Maps deliver the right feature at the right time. It’s a hands-on, cross-functional, highly-engaged job. No tourists. A good PM is the beating heart of their team. For this role, we’re looking for a manager who delivers great work by investing in great people. Someone who can recruit, retain and grow their PMs. Someone who understands the details, but stays focused on the bigger picture. Someone who knows how to drive accountability. And someone who ensures that the right work is being delivered by the right people, all the time. As a manager on the Experiences Program team, you will be responsible for a broad portfolio and the success of your people. You’ll define and staff a roadmap. You’ll ensure your people have the right context to be successful. You’ll work with other teams throughout Maps and across Apple. And you’ll ship. A lot. SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL: - Manage, coach and strengthen a team of hardworking Program Managers. - Identify, recruit, and retain talented people. - Define, develop and deliver features that enhance our customer experience. - Work through your people to figure out requirements, scope work, develop plans, generate schedules, execute, and ship. - Make critical decisions and trade-offs to ensure your team and projects are successful. - Work cross-functionally across Maps and Apple to use the collective skills and intelligence of our people. - Resolve conflicts, troubleshoot, and unblock issues. - Communicate with every level of our organization, from individual contributors to executives. - Demonstrate high integrity and strong values, every single day.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) - MBA a plus