QA Automation Engineer, FEAR
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to the team and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple services are an essential part of the Apple experience that extends even beyond the owners of Apple devices. Our users rely on services such as iMessage, iTunes, the App Store, and iCloud to communicate, to access powerful applications and media content, and to build, store and protect their memories seamlessly across all their devices. We strive to improve user experience by avoiding unnecessary friction. You will perform continuous analysis and designs and provide internal tools to help ensure that our users remain in control of their accounts, even when their credentials leave their control. The group comprises teams of Software Developers, Data Engineers, Data Analysts and Data Scientists that focus on crafting and implementing fraud prevention mechanisms, systems and tools to guarantee that new devices, software and features in our services, provide the safest experience to our customers.
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Hive and other big data tools
- Proven experience with Jenkins or similar CI systems
- Experience in crafting and developing testing infrastructure for Distributed Systems, Big Data Platforms
- Exceptional programming skills in Java, Scala, Python, or similar language
- Strong software testing fundamentals and familiarity with Black Box, White Box and Performance testing
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience using automated testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG, ScalaTest, Cucumber, JMeter, SoapUI, Gatling
As part of this team, you will establish, implement and evolve the formal QA processes to ensure that the group is using industry accepted standard methodologies. Design and develop the testing infrastructure i.e. testing tools, test frameworks , test reporting mechanisms to test the software, services, Alternative data platforms of the team as well as the existing and new machine learning models build on the platform. Integrate the testing infrastructure with the continuous integration and continuous deployment systems to ensure all of the tools, services developed are properly tested and meet the quality goals. Write different types of tests i.e. Unit, Integration , Acceptance for existing and new projects so as to ensure bug free software is delivered which is as per the requirements. Stay knowledgeable of new testing tools and strategies and evaluate the technologies to incorporate into the projects.
Education & Experience
BS in Math, Computer Science, or equivalent experience