Audio QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Audio team within the Interactive Media Group is looking for an energetic engineer to join our team. In this role, you will help us understand incoming bugs, decide actionable steps, assign to appropriate engineers, and develop automated triage methods based on the data from manually screened and triaged bugs. The Audio QA group provides audio software test support across all of Apple’s products. We are seeking a creative, and organized test engineer to develop automated solutions to support and enhance our quality initiatives. Audio drivers, firmware and audio subsystems will all be qualified using this automated toolset.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills along with a diligent mindset.
- Exemplary written communication skills, and considerate, yet confident personal communication skills
- Familiarity with real-time audio handling (sample rates, buffering, PCM, drivers, etc.)
- A foundational understanding of electronics, audio technology, and studio recording
- Musicians welcome
This is a high visibility job that involves a deep understanding of what everyone on the team is working on. You will combine a love of iOS and Audio with a strong dedication to product quality and reliability. Excellent communication and teamwork are a requirement, as you will be asked to work closely with team members and other engineering teams.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS, EE, or related, with an interest in digital audio
- The following experience would be preferred, though applicants without this experience are welcome to apply:
- Experience with the iOS SDK and Core Audio Development
- Strong interest in digital audio technology
- Experience with and a passion for audio / music applications
- Previous customer service experience