Caffè Macs Line Cook
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do. Joining the Caffè Macs team will give you the opportunity to craft inspiring meals that fuel the innovation within the company. As a Line Cook you are responsible for the daily preparation and cooking of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen. This position is responsible for other duties in the areas of food and final plate presentation including plating and garnishing of cooked items. This position reports to the Chef, Sous Chef, or Kitchen Manager.
- Do you have a basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills, appropriate cooking methods and techniques?
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Being able to multi-task, work quickly, and effectively within a team
- Communicates clearly, listens attentively to staff, peers, managers, and guests
- Flexibility and adaptability to work calmly and effectively under stress
- Ability to take direction and work effectively in team environment
- Problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized
- Dedication to quality service and expectations
- You should have an approved Food Handler’s Card and non-slip shoes prior to first day of work
You will set up your food station according to Caffè guidelines and prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner. Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant. Restocks all items as needed throughout shift. Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation and practices good safety and organizational skills. Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas. Performs additional responsibilities, as requested by the management team at any time. We serve our campus by maintaining a first class level of food-safety and cleanliness standards at all times. This includes maintaining a tidy station before/during/after service hours. Our work areas are kept clean and clutter free while you maintain our equipment and tools. Under the supervision of a Kitchen Manager, each Cook receives detailed instructions for the day to include opening/closing duties, and services duties. Executes multiple tasks with direction to complete daily menusYou will execute various kitchen tasks as set out by Lead Cooks and Kitchen Manger. We need people who know and are willing to learn appropriate methods for each task, managing time in each task appropriately, and have a general understanding of cooking techniques, methods, and kitchen equipment. You should also stay up to date on health and food safety rules.
Education & Experience
Typically 1-4 years high volume food service - preferably larger, innovative corporate programs, in house or 3rd party. May also be food & beverage experience in a full-service hotel, resort or multi-restaurant chain You will work with and serve a versatile diverse workforce. Extraordinarily Service Oriented - show high level of customer service is positively mandatory… We hire for attitude, train for skill. Dynamic and agile - highly organized, ability to switch between locations and job duties
- This position will spend time sitting and standing
- Things happen fast here. Bring your ability to multi-task in a high-volume experience and your love for working in a fast pace environment.
- Environmental exposure to cold, heat and water
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to understand sanitation directions