Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The CoreMotion Motion & Interaction team has created innovative ways for users to interact with their devices through motion. When you play games by simply moving your devices, or use the compass to find your way, it’s the work of engineers and scientists on this team. Join CoreMotion and work with the people who have created the sensor fusion technologies and motion gestures that power games, augmented reality and numerous other features on Apple’s devices
- Strong technical knowledge of signal processing, motion estimation and system modeling
- Strong expertise with algorithm design, validation and in-system performance characterization
- Industrial or graduate level experience with inertial navigation, SLAM or computer vision
- Strong Matlab and C++ skills
- Experience with implementation on embedded or real-time systems
- Excellent technical communication skills
We are looking to hire a Motion Scientist to join our team in pushing the state-of-the-art in motion estimation using inertial sensors for navigation, gaming and augmented reality. As a member of this multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for data analysis, algorithm design, validation and implementation as well as close coordination with other teams across the company. Most importantly, you will help ship interactive features that impact millions of users on a daily basis.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field with relevant domain knowledge Coursework in signal processing, controls, statistics and programming
- Familiarity with C/C++ is a plus.