Manager, Global Apps Discovery - App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’ve all found apps we love and apps that have changed our lives. Apps transform the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions With more than two million apps on the App Store, in almost every genre and category, the mission of the App Store’s Editorial team is to offer the best and most thoughtful recommendations to our customers. We do this through an unwavering commitment to find the very best content, by showcasing the work of the world’s most talented developers, and by creating unique, high-performing featuring opportunities on the Store. Our challenge is this: how can we make the App Store a place our hundreds of millions of customers will want to visit every single day? We’re hiring people who want to help make that happen. The App Store is seeking a dynamic highly-motivated Senior Apps Discovery Editor to lead the curation of app-based editorial content. You’re a creative, thoughtful, and uncompromising editor/programmer/curator with a genuine love of mobile technology and deep knowledge of the iOS catalog. You have direct expertise with apps across mobile, wearable, and desktop devices and a deep understanding of user-interface principles and design. You work quickly and carefully, possess the skill and motivation to collaborate across multiple internal partners, and have demonstrated success driving performance and user engagement across varied platforms. You’re a digital and media enthusiast, and are excited about how technology shapes our future. Most of all, you’re passionate about the role apps play in people’s lives, live and breathe iOS, and are eager to help create an amazing user experience for millions around the world.
- 6+ years experience curating digital content
- 4+ years experience programming a digital media storefront
- 4+ years experience managing small, high-performing teams
- Experience working with content management systems
- Excellent understanding of the depth and breadth of software, preferably for iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS
- Experience following an editorial style guide
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Shown ability to manage deadlines and work effectively with cross-functional teams under strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills and an acute attention to detail
- Resourceful, creative, and collaborative
- Deep passion for the Apple brand, Apple products, and mobile technology
- Curate, select and editorialize content for the Apps tab of the App Store - Build compelling and relevant themed collections of apps across all genres and categories - Program, monitor, and drive performance of featured content selections - Lead an apps discovery team of 5-10 people. - Partner closely with International discovery teams - Collaborate with production, design, and business teams - Act as an expert voice for new app/business trends - Help develop global guidelines for curatorial decision-making - Correspond with 3rd party developers and creative professionals for relevant insight, editorial ideation, and studio visits - Travel within the US and abroad for on-site editorial summits as needed.