Research Scientist - Applied Machine Learning
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Excited about what you could do here? At Apple, great ideas and innovations have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences rapidly. Your intelligence, passion, dedication to the job will make it possible what you expect to accomplish. The Applied Machine Learning Team in Apple Media Product group is a group of passionate researcher, data scientists and machine learning engineers from various disciplines with extensive track records in both academia and industry. We lead many challenging projects that build intelligent platforms to serve a variety of AMP business, covering Apple Store, Apple TV, Apple Arcade and other services. We are at the forefront of using advanced machine learning or deep learning techniques on diversified data to tackle impactful business problems. The team spends great effort to continuously innovate and persistently transfer the innovations into practical systems. We encourage in-depth research, independent thinking, quick learning, proficient engineering and effective communication.
- A background in computer science/engineering, information science, statistics or similar quantitative field. PhD is strongly preferred.
- In-depth understanding of machine learning basics. Experience with machine learning and deep learning modeling for a variety of tasks, such as time series monitoring, NLP or content analysis.
- A minimum of 3-year experience with machine learning and deep learning framework, such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, and MxNet.
- A minimum of 3-year experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark for large scale datasets. Proficient in SQL languages.
- A minimum of 3-year experience with optimization, algorithms, statistical techniques, and skillful hands-on implementation with Python.
Are you ready to work on something challenging and make something great? Innovation, encouraging people, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. We devote to generating innovations with phenomenal passion and quickly apply them to our business practices based on customer needs. If you are the person with extensive experience in machine learning/deep learning modeling and proficient implementation, be willing to undertake challenging work and expect to help deliver the amazing product and service, we are looking for you. You need to dive deep into large-scale data from a wide variety of sources to effectively uncover the substantial insights. This role will be responsible for data processing, identifying, generating, and selecting features, training and building machine learning models to meet different business goals. Meanwhile, innovate new machine learning techniques to address business needs. Quickly prototype, analyze, evaluate performance from model execution and finally realize the modules in the systems. Are you ready for this challenging work? Your phenomenal passion for product ownership and strong track record of research and development will prove critical to your success in our team. Work on interesting projects, collaborate with amazing colleagues, brainstorm new ideas with talent people, and develop models and algorithms to seek challenging problems that have the chance to generate substantial impacts.
Education & Experience
PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field is preferred.