Mechanical Design Engineer Hardware Systems for Machine Learning
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, prototype, and build systems for next-generation technologies Imaging and Sensing Incubation team develops systems with new technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, watch, Mac Books, and more. Our key goal is to enable the world’s best user-experience. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp analytical skills of talented and smart individuals. We have a collaborative, inclusive, and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. Come, join us in crafting best-in-class solutions!
- Strong background and experience in mechanical design, prototyping, thermal design, and system design.
- 3D CAD experience required, Unigraphics NX preferred.
- Scientific method, experimental process, root cause analysis, tolerance analysis.
- Excellent critical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors.
- Experience with Applied knowledge in flex circuits, printed circuit boards, material science, basic physics and basic chemistry is beneficial.
- Experience with camera technology is a strong plus.
- Experience with 3D printer, laser cutter, and other machine tools is a plus.
You will be responsible for end to end product design cycle of requirement setting, ideation, defining specifications, detail design, prototype, fabrication, and system build to integrate new technologies into systems to enable early data collection. - We brainstorm, design and implement infrastructure for characterization, validation, and data collection of new camera and sensor technologies to enable algorithm development. - You will participate in generating innovative ideas and design solutions with cross-functional teams. - Your responsibility will include developing mechanical design of the system using 3D CAD, creating prototypes, working with machine shops for fabrication, assembly or supporting assembly bring up, creating thermal solutions, design validation and failure analysis. - You will communicate cross-functionally on product design requirements and develop a collaborative design. - You will engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as EE, firmware, software, and user studies as we work together to develop data collection systems. - Most our builds are local but some national or international travel might be needed.
Education & Experience
BSME required; MSME preferred