Mechanical Design Engineer - Mac Product Design Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As part of the PD Architecture team, you will help develop mechanical designs and core technologies that define and enable future Apple products. The work draws heavily on divergent thinking, teaming-up with multi-functional partners, putting ideas into CAD, prototyping, and testing.
- Highly creative & able to generate imaginative design solutions
- Comfortable in dynamic environment with fluid problem statements
- Experience selecting appropriate engineering materials and manufacturing methods, such as forming, injection molding, CNC, etc.
- Able to characterize designs, run DOEs, and conduct root cause failure analysis
- 3D CAD modeling – i.e., Unigraphics (Preferred), SolidWorks, ProE
- Experience using tolerance analysis to assure design robustness
In this position, you will assist in the following activities: • designing fixtures/test vehicles and running tests to characterize various design options • assisting in the design & development of new product concepts, technologies, and integration methods • prototyping new product ideas by 3D modeling, fabricating, and assembling mockups • retrofitting current products with new features/technologies
Education & Experience
B.S. in mechanical engineering