Sr. Engineering Program Manager; Wallet, Commerce & Payments
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is seeking a Senior Program Manager for Wallet, Commerce and Payment program management team. This role is focused on driving key product deliverables from product definition to production. The job requires commitment, creativity, and ownership; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery, not tasks. Strong fundamentals are a must, but you have more. You take responsibility and feel a personal stake in the product you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity, you handle conflict; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire PM team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgment; you keep your eye on the ball; you build positive relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team, you ship code which millions of customer use.
- 10+ years of program management experience in software engineering
- Goal oriented, highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision in cross-functional environments with many interdependencies
- Understanding of the software development cycle including implementation of project management using tried techniques.
- Effective presentation, oral, and written business communication skills with various audiences and levels
- Core abilities to handle complex schedules of multiple streams of work
- Strong facilitation skills (design, problem resolution, progress, status meetings and the like)
- Ability to negotiate creative solution to complex problems
- Be an effective decision maker able to balance the risks and benefits for the overall good of Apple
- Keep a level head under high stress
- Respectful of all individuals; ability to naturally lead even though others do not report to you
- Strong technical proficiency in software architecture and development including both services based solutions and client operating systems
- Data analysis experience
We are looking for a top-tier Program Manager with a consistent record. You will need to have hands on experience handling software releases through the entire lifecycle process. You will be ready to work in partnership with product owners to drive the right results. You have keen abilities to motivate 3rd party partners, work in unison with them and deliver results that meet Apple standards. - Lead multiple, varying scope cross-functional projects, providing program leadership through project lifecycle - Oversee all aspects of program and multiple projects including timelines, resource allocation, product definition and scope management, as well as operational aspects such a customer service implementation. - Actively seek out and resolve cross functional and business issues - Assist management in assessing and prioritizing projects. - Support internal and external partners. - Analyze data and report to management and others - Navigate and execute in an environment of ambiguity - Preferred BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical field, or equivalent.