Server Engineer, Apple Pay Security
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you have a passion for Security technologies? Do you love significant challenges? Join the team that provides software security technologies to help users protect their accounts. Our vision is to transform your smartphone into a device that secures your digital life without sacrificing your privacy. We are seeking a talented engineer who will develop libraries and platforms to empower data scientists to rapidly build and deploy robust models in production. You will also craft robust and scalable software. The role requires handling multiple assignments, communicating across functional areas, and driving projects to completion. We need you to show initiative and be able to take ownership of a problem area to find workable solutions.
- Candidate must have:
- 2 years experience implementing large-scale highly available, distributed production systems
- Practical experience building and testing RESTful services
- Working experience in Java or Scala
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to support infrastructure team in deployment and maintenance as needed
- Development of test cases and tools in preparing for and maintaining large scale deployments
- Knowledge of the following would be useful:
- Kafka, Spark, Hadoop/HDFS, Postgres, Redis
- Cassandra and/or other non-relational data storage knowledge
- Some experience with large-scale datacenter application deployments including monitoring and capacity planning.
- Experience with external system interface design and integration
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate requirements analysis and clarification
We are looking for an expert server engineer who will work on our platforms to support new products. You will work hand in hand with data scientists, security engineers, program managers and business partners to identify problems, define and implement scalable solutions, execute plans and results on a regular basis.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Math, Computer Science or equivalent industry experience