Technology Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is seeking an Engineering Program Manager to join the Video Engineering EPM team. You will grasp, drive complex technically related topics and partner with the camera ISP and codec firmware/driver/algorithm team on core firmware and machine learning (ML) technologies used in almost all Apple products and services, including those the world doesn’t know of yet!
- 5+ years of Technology R&D, 3+ years of Technical Program Management/Engineering Management experience.
- You should be able to comprehend and deal well with rapid changes, while remaining calm and flexible and in the face of uncertainty and/or ambiguity.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, ability to distill information for the right audience.
- Phenomenal leadership skills with a cross functional collaborative mindset.
- Ability to dive into technical details in firmware, machine learning, and other algorithms.
- Self-motivated, proactive, creative, with demonstrated critical thinking capability and great attention to detail.
- Experience in embedded firmware/machine learning software development with relevant hardware, firmware, software consumer product development experience is a plus.
Lead cross-functional team including SoC, hardware, firmware, machine learning software algorithm and software engineering to deliver state-of-the-art camera and codec low level software solutions and technology development. Partnering with engineering management to lead all aspects of projects: you will plan, schedule, identify critical path, prioritize, track, measure, present, communicate status and drive the decision-making process. Identifying and mitigating risks, removing road blocks and facilitating communication between teams is essential to the role as you lead efforts across teams representing multiple layers of the software stack as well as other cross-functional partners. You should have a deep understanding on complex technical topics, abstract key issues and risks and translate these into an actionable form for executive management. Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status. You will also look for opportunities to continuously improve team’s processes and execution.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field.