Sr. Panel Process Engineer (Optical Film)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is seeking a world-class Senior Panel Process Engineer having in-depth understanding of optical film design and process. Senior Panel Process Engineers must have a strong technical background in a relevant technical field, for example optical film manufacturing and/or flat panel display (LCD & OLED). A successful candidate will work within a cross- functional team to realize next-generation display.
- Keywords: Film optics, Display, LCD, OLED, optical simulation, film process
- In-depth understanding of optics in flat panel display (LCD & OLED)
- Experienced in film optics and measurement (ex. spectroscope)
- Industrial experience in R2R film process is preferred
- Ability to perform basic numerical optical analysis and/or commercial simulation software is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid teamwork skills and leadership
- Willingness and ability to travel (International & Domestic)
Lead engineering investigation for optical film (ex. polarizer, retarder film, optical grade film substrate) design and advanced process technology for LCD and OLED from the concepts to the product ramp. Optimize and improve existing film optical characteristics, materials and process for better performance and longevity. Conduct methodical failure analysis, root cause diagnosis, and problem solving. Develop new process, establish process baseline and bring up new suppliers for reliable volume and capacity for Apple future products.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. degree, or MS + >7 years industrial experience in Optics, Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or Mechanical Engineering