3rd Party App Compatibility, Tester
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s 3rd Party App Compatibility team is looking for a curious, tenacious individual with strong communication skills and attention to detail. The primary responsibility of this role is identifying bugs within third-party apps on future iOS, tvOS, and watchOS releases, ensuring a high-quality customer experience when Apple ships software updates and new mobile devices.
- Ability to identify and investigate difficult problems and independently work towards results
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Ambitious and self-motivated, with the ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Understanding of and experience with the software development cycle and a QA’s role in it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
- Experience with macOS or Linux command line
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
In the 3rd Party App Compatibility team, we champion the customer experience. We want customers' apps to work great after every OS update. Since third-party apps are so detailed, this position interacts with virtually every aspect of iOS, tvOS, and watchOS. With all the ways third-party apps can use the OS, this position is multi-functional in nature, interacting with multiple development and project management teams. In this role you will be responsible for performing periodic regression testing, manual ad-hoc (black box) testing of 3rd party apps, identifying areas suitable for automation, and providing assistance and feedback to cross-functional teams.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of one or more Scripting or Programming Languages including Swift, Objective C, Python, etc. is a plus