Strategic Data Solutions - Full Stack Developer Intern
Sacramento, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we make extraordinary products that empower people to improve their health. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple's Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) team is seeking a Full Stack Developer intern who possesses a keen eye for detail, has a deep passion for creating the best user experience and has experience building APIs and developing server side logic using a data pipeline that includes data ingestion, relational databases and analytics. We are a team that uses a Human-Centered Design approach, combined with Agile Methodologies, to get things done quickly and effectively. The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for building software applications, using the latest technologies and best practices, and solving complex problems.
- Expertise in crafting RESTful APIs and Web Services
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling (AJAX)
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Expertise with continuous delivery systems using GIT and Jenkins
- Experience working on DevOps automation tools.
- Expertise with logging and monitoring infrastructure
- Experience with data visualization frameworks such as D3 is desired but not required
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, npm, etc.
- Experience with unit testing libraries such as Mocha, Jest, Chai, Enzyme
- Experience with code versioning tools and process
A strong candidate will be expected to: - Build complex web applications from the ground up using the latest web technologies. - Develop user-facing features using React.js and NodeJS - Collaborate with a diverse team of Designers, Developers, and Engineers. - Communicate and present their work in a clear and simple manner. - Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
Education & Experience
You are currently pursuing an undergrad or graduate degree majoring in Computer Science, Human Machine Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent; and, will be returning to school post internship.
- - Team player who enjoys collaboration and ask questions
- - A self-starter who loves to innovate
- - Have passion for simplicity
- - Have excellent communication skills
- - Flexible and have a willingness to learn and try new approaches
- - Positive personality and able to adapt quickly to change