App Store Business Data Scientist, Apple Media Products Data Science
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking an expert Data Scientist to join a team passionate about Data Science & Analytics for the media space, focusing on the App Store and Apple Arcade. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous product and customer touch points, undertaking in-depth quantitative analysis and building models to drive business strategy. The team’s culture is centered around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way. We encourage independent decision-making and taking smart risks. AMP Analytics collaborates with partners across product, design, engineering, and business teams: our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through deep quantitive research of the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Arcade amongst other services.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Scientist or Data Analyst role, preferably for a digital media or digital subscription business.
- Strong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Familiarity with Python or R and data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- Experience using relevant statistical packages to build predictive/ML models and knowledge of A/B test experimentation design.
- Curious business mindset with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action
- Excellent communication, social and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle work to tight deadlines and the pressure of executive requests.
Dive deep into large-scale data to uncover trends and identify key insights that will propel business strategy. Craft how best to monitor, measure and understand business performance and build out associated datasets and dashboards. Build models to assess account migration/cannibalization and predict churn/retention/lifetime value. Increase internal adoption of advanced analytics methods including machine learning. Collaborate with business, marketing, finance and executive teams to generate regular presentations for C-level. Partner with other Apple organizations on data gathering, data governance, evangelizing key performance indicators and democratizing data. Your creative problem solving skills will be utilized daily.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or PhD in related field.