Inside Sales Manager (Higher Education)
Austin, Texas, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. The Inside Sales Manager (Higher Education) reports into the US Education Sales Director and is charged with leading and owning the strategy for inbound and outbound customer engagements with Apple’s Education customers. In this role, you would lead and manage a team of Inside Sales Account Executives working with Education customers to deliver fiscal unit and revenue objectives. You would also be the point of expertise and accountability for the Inside Sales team, providing the training, resources, knowledge and infrastructure needed to support US growth objectives.
- Proven track record of delivering consistent results within an Inside Sales organization and environment
- Experience in Education, and/or SLED preferred; Channel experience required
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor a team of Inside Sales Account Executives
- Understanding of Education vertical “go to market” strategy and solutions
- Expertise in the Education market vertical and understanding key trends to deliver growth Knowledge of Industry Education solutions to create competitive advantages
- Expertise in channel sales enablement to help scale and grow broader partner strategy
- Passion for delivering best in class customer experience
- Strong business acumen including ability to forecast, manage pipeline, leverage CRM, and other internal systems and tools
- Creative complex problem solving required
- Planning and Project Management skills
This role provides leadership and direction to the Inside Sales team on managing and engaging with key US Higher Education customers. In this position, you would collaborate with the broader Education sales and channel partner organizations to ensure alignment on key strategic initiatives, go to market strategy and other focus areas critical to driving growth.
Education & Experience
- - Ability to manage and influence at the team and organizational levels, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- - Ability to set strategic direction, influence, and collaborate cross-functionally.
- - Ability to plan, execute, and document sales actions and activities.