Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is seeking a Network Orchestration Engineer to join our Global Network Services Retail & Enterprise network reliability team. This role involves building custom scripts and tooling that aid in deploying, monitoring and securing the network infrastructure in our retail stores and corporate offices globally. Tooling includes monitoring, analytics, orchestration, automation, and compliance reporting. This is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced, creative, collaborative team that is focused on improving the way our network services are deployed, managed and consumed.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Process oriented problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate within distributed teams
- Awareness of network technologies
- Awareness of container technologies and services
- Understanding of JSON, YAML, and XML data structures
- Understanding of Linux fundamentals
- Understanding of orchestration tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience with revision version control
- Experience in Unix environments
- Experience with scripting using Python or Perl
Your job is to utilize your problem solving skills, creativity and technical understanding to build scripts and tooling that identify anomalies, surface trends, and streamline deployments of the networks in our retail stores and corporate offices globally. You'll work with extended teams to design, evaluate, build, deploy, integrate and operate custom developed tools. You’ll be given the opportunity to partner with industry experts in a broad range of network, compute and storage technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while demonstrating your ability to innovate. You'll enjoy the satisfaction of knowing the tools you create (like the products Apple is known for) are elegant, simple and “just work”.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in computer science or related field.