Emerging Display Technologist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As a technologist responsible for investigating and implementing new display technologies in Apple products, you will have a wide range of responsibilities in assessing, modeling, and designing technologies for use in Apple products.
- The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree and/or 5+ years of experience in engineering or scientific fields in or related to display technology.
- Knowledge and experience in a wide spectrum of electrical and optical characterizations
- Ability to model and design optical and electrical characteristics of OLED displays
- Capability of using Matlab, Python, or other programming tools to analyze and draw meaningful conclusion from complicated dataset
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with the ability to work with stakeholders across multiple functions
Assessing the performance of new display technologies, across a range of Apple products and systems Modeling and improving display performance to meet Apple product needs Working with internal teams and external suppliers to characterize and improve display performance Analyzing large quantity parametric data from engineering development and mass production, to extract meaningful information for improving future products Supporting development by multiple groups within Apple tasked with the development of products incorporating novel display system designs Working with Apple engineers to assess key metrics during both development and production phases Managing schedules and supporting cross-functional engineering efforts
Education & Experience
PhD in Optics, Physics or Engineering