Environment, Health and Safety Lead - Apple Park
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing, and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products.
- 7 years of EHS experience - preferably an EHS Generalist with experience in hazwaste, lab process reviews, Industrial Hygiene and emergency response
- Highly motivated and self managing
- People focused leadership style that thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- A proactive, assertive, sense of urgency to problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Able to influence without authority
- Able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Relevant technical certification (CSP, CIH, REA, etc.) preferred
- Be dependable and reliable – follow-up quickly and consistently
- Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor
- Actively practice teamwork, working within the organization and throughout other parts of the company to achieve results
- Take initiative and challenge the status quo
- Deliver more than the customer expects
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Drive for results
Apple is looking for a collaborative, highly organized professional to serve as an Environment, Health and Safety Lead, supporting Corporate functions at Apple Park. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of occupational health and safety requirements and workplace evaluation as well as a knowledge of applicable regulations and laws. Overview of Responsibilities: Develop and maintain a comprehensive written environmental, health & safety programs, tools, and materials for the facility in partnership with all stakeholders. Support Corporate EHS initiatives, including EHS metrics reporting and audits. Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and work with Key Stakeholders to identify and manage risks. Manage regulatory agency inspections, inquiries, contacts, and reporting in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements. Ensure regular H&S assessments, inspections and safety check ins are completed and communicated to the appropriate teams. Participate in the EHS on-call rotation which includes some weekends and after hour coverage.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree in a relevant EHS discipline We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.