R&D Tech Artist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you ready to explore a new application domain with a talented and collaborative team? Apple's Technology Development Group is seeking skilled Technical Artists to help us build applications in a new medium. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal 2. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a rare and rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- Fundamental knowledge of 3D content principles and expertise across several domains
- Proficiency in real-time, physically-based rendering pipelines
- Expertise in content management such as scene streaming/visibility, asset compilation/dependency, and performance/memory analysis
- Experience shipping graphically intensive and interactive applications, e.g., AAA pc/console games, AR/VR applications
- Experience in designing and developing proprietary tools and pipelines
- Passion for emerging technologies and product development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
The ideal Technical Artist for this role flourishes with undefined challenges in an evolving domain and plays a critical role in cross-department collaborations. You will work on handling and integrating 3D content for multiple projects at varying stages of production, ranging from rapid prototyping, developing high-end visual concepts, delivering performant and scalable production assets, and polishing and optimizing assets for shipping. This role requires a keen understanding of the state of the art in real-time graphics and an ambition to produce visually stunning 3D content while navigating through unique technical challenges. You will be responsible for supporting a multi-discipline content team by establishing lean production pipeline and crafting guidelines.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science / BA in Digital Media / Equivalent industry experience
- Experience in prototyping for new user experiences
- Interest or proficiency in UI/UX design
- Experience shipping cross-platform applications
- Proficiency in procedural content generation
- Deep understanding of 3D math and geometry
- Experience in scripting interactive user experiences