Worldwide Retail Fulfillment Operations Planner
Sacramento, California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually re-imagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated individual with strong analytical abilities to support Worldwide Retail Store and Online Operations. You will focus on supply and demand analytics and will be responsible for presenting their analysis to senior leaders. World-class operational excellence is a cornerstone of Apple's success, and the Retail Fulfillment Operations (RFO) organization plays a meaningful role in ensuring operational and financial success for Apple.
- Experience in product planning, demand forecasting, inventory management, or supply chain management
- Working knowledge of world-class supply chain practices, strong analytical capabilities, strong leadership skills, and business savvy.
- Effective in communicating, influencing and negotiating in a matrix organization including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and executives
- Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of comfort working with numbers
- Proven experience leading and adapting approaches in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment
- High proficiency in Excel and aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
In this exciting role you will lead and manage supply and demand plans that support Retail inventory and Online metrics. You will also partner with Operations, Retail Finance and Retail Merchandising to drive alignment of supply & demand strategies. In addition, you will: - Develop and maintain effective working relationships with regional REtil Fulfillment Operations (RFO) partners to ensure Worldwide strategies are implemented and information is globally and consistently aligned. - Ensure inventory levels in Retail Stores is maintained at the proper levels to achieve In-Stock and service level goals for all strategic products. - Ability to drive and communicate new product introduction (NPI) and end of life (EOL) strategies for RFO and communicate inventory risks and opportunities. - Partner with the Retail Merchandising/Finance & Readiness teams to ensure alignment on NPI & EOL strategies. - Clearly communicate status/strategy to Senior/Executive management.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent experience is required. MBA/Masters Degree in a related field is preferred.