Systems Architect - Apple Watch
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Watch team is seeking talented electrical engineering technical leadership in a System Architecture team. This is an individual contributor design engineering position. The ideal candidate has core competencies in several functional areas of responsibility and system design. The position requires the candidate to lead & drive cross functional discussions for new product features for blank-sheet design. Experience is expected in analyzing key systems engineering architectural and implementation trade-offs; design of high performance, low power, high quality products; power budgeting and analysis. The position requires strong communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- 10+ years experience, system-level design
- Consumer electronics experience
- Schematic capture (any package) with placement/routing experience required (at some point in career)
- Must have hands-on experience in board bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support
- Embedded programming experience (assembly, C, embedded Linux, etc.)
- iOS App development a big plus
- Scripting expertise (perl, python, matlab, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, experience with working on large cross-functional teams
- Excellent documentation skills
- FPGA design
- Must have created and influenced system specification documents.
Responsibilities include: • Work with x-functional engineering managers and architects on HW/SW enabling technologies • Create internal and external system prototype specifications • Define, simulate, and model product performance vs. power (performance per watt) • Schematic capture; work with PCB engineers for layout; build support and bring • Specify, negotiate, and document system power management & user level behaviors • Define, develop, and utilize tools, scripts, and methods of system analysis • Works collaboratively with large cross-functional teams • Utilize schematic and layout tools such as Cadence Concept & Allegro
Education & Experience
BSEE and/or MSEE or equivalent
- Position may require some domestic and international travel.