Administrative Assistant/Project Manager, Internet Services for China
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Internet Services for China team is looking for a self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented person to be both an administrative assistant and a project manager, providing excellent and comprehensive administrative and operational support to an executive and a broader team focused on supporting interactions between teams in Santa Clara Valley and in China.
- Significant prior administrative support experience in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, preferably including support for one or more executives
- Highly attentive to detail
- Very well organized and strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently and handle frequently changing needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Chinese preferred
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, and initiative as needed
- Experience managing project schedules and dependencies preferred
- Experience working with global teams and across time zones preferred
The ideal candidate will have superior communication skills, experience working in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment with a growing team, and excellent attention to detail. Must be resourceful, able to take initiative on projects, and follow through on commitments. Must have excellent multitasking skills and the ability to quickly and efficiently navigate multiple high priority requests. Must be able to handle confidential information, demonstrating a high level of discretion and diplomacy in sensitive situations. In this role you will interact with senior staff across Apple and with key partners in China, and you will be expected to represent Apple well in all of those interactions. RESPONSIBILITIES: - Executive and team leadership support — handling calendars, scheduling meetings, arranging travel, and submitting expense reports. - Tracking and updating project schedules, and communicating updated project schedules to affected teams. - Assisting with travel planning for trips to and from China coordinated by this team. - Coordination of meetings with key teams around the company, in both the U.S. and China, and with external partners in China. - Assisting with facilities requests in the U.S. and potentially in China. - Serving as the “go to” individual for all org employees, as well as a resource for all new hires. - Supporting on-site meetings and events, including room reservations and catering. - Processing and managing orders and corporate card purchases. - Assisting event planning, including team building activities and off-sites.