GNSS/e911 Field Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Imagine what you could do here! Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that fosters engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here! We are the Apple Field Design Engineering team, and we are looking for a highly motivated GNSS/e911 Engineer who will be evaluating the latest iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch HW systems in the field. This includes very early evaluations of our Prototypes and HW Systems on GNSS/e911 and Cellular technologies. It also includes focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, Wireless Baseband performance and overall end user wireless performance. We are looking for someone who will work with the HW/System development teams and other cross functional teams on identifying issues impacting HW/System performance. You will perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/System issues.
- Handset field testing experience in live network
- Solid understanding of GNSS/e911 technologies
- Good cellular system's knowledge in LTE/VoLTE/UMTS/1x and GSM
- Good RF & OTA fundamentals along with application in real world scenarios
- Strong log analysis and debugging skills in protocol and physical layer issues in Cellular and GNSS technologies
- Testing and debugging experience of LTE/3G and 2G call flows
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain relationships across functional areas
- Strong interpersonal skills tailored to situation and audience
- Fluent in English and local language(s)
- Able to travel locally and internationally
We are looking for someone who will work with the HW/System development teams and other cross functional teams on identifying issues impacting HW/System performance. You will perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/System issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ yrs or Master’s with 3+ yrs work experience in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- - Scripting experience in Python/Perl
- - Experience with test instruments such as RF Signal Generators, Oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer etc