Technical Program Manager (TPM) - SIP
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple's SiP team is seeking an experienced professional who brings broad expertise in the areas of SMT, Molding and semiconductor packaging processes and quality. This engineer will assist specifically in the deployment for mass production of several technologies including transfer molding, laser cutting and fine-pitch component surface-mount technologies. The successful engineer in this role will be able to work closely with suppliers and deliver scalable manufacturing processes in a timely manner.
- 10+ years of Quality and/or technical position in high tech industry, solid quality understanding, has sense of urgency, strong problem solver, strong communicator.
- Experience and knowledge of statistic tools and data analysis skills, such as SPC, FMEA, DOE, Tableau or JMP
- Experience/background working with Asia-based manufacturing suppliers
- Desire and ability for problem solving and debugging
- Ability to work with a wide range of people with varying degrees of experience
- Excellent project management skills Program / Project Management experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, documentation and presentation/communication skills
• Work with CMs/suppliers and internal cross-functional teams, provide TPM and quality leadership to bring-up a scalable mass-production process for system-MLBs/SiPs • Areas of ownership will include factory set-up and sustenance of technical operations functions associated with MLB/SiP manufacturing, including SMT and Test processes. • Work with internal and factory-based NPI Operations, Procurement and Engineering groups to deliver on factory output, yield and quality • Present TPM and quality section during BRR (build readiness review), NPR (New Product Review), ok2X, etc. • Analyze data from factory, customer, field, etc, develop action plan and quality decision based on the data. • About 30% domestic/international travel is expected.
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in Engineering, EE, ME, Physics, Material Science or related with 7+ years experience