Supplier Quality Development Engineer - Substrate / Packaging
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience in product engineering and process engineering
- Strong Substrate packaging skills required, knowledge of assembly process and materials used.
- Strong background of semiconductor packaging is a must
- Deep understanding and hands on experience of factory manufacturing process control and quality systems
- Understanding of SPC and other quality metrics used to monitor factory performance
- Strong understanding of Reliability testing
- Problem solving skills and issue root causing in a pressured environment
- Interpersonal skills of leadership, project management, communication, teamwork, influencing and negotiation.
- Good teamwork with constant interfacing with multiple functional teams across Apple and suppliers
- The job will require frequent travel across Asia depending on projects.
- Self-motivated, good communicator and ability to lead.
The Apple Operation team is looking for a motivated, highly-technical Supplier Quality Development Engineer (SQDE) focusing on product and process development with excellent problem solving and communication skills. This supplier-based engineer is a leader that will drive process and quality improvement during NPI, ramp up and mass production for key substrate packaging technologies. They will work with module integration suppliers, sub component vendors and the system integration sites. They will interface regularly with the Engineering and Quality teams. Responsibilities: •Advanced substrate packaging knowledge to be able deep dive package design, process and factory inline controls. •RF Module Substrate Package development for future modules including design rule setting, process bring up and advanced processing to improve RF transmission lines •Experience in mmWave and antenna package architecture a plus. •Has strong understanding of substrate and package assembly. Versed in DOE creation and JMP analysis to mitigate assembly risks. •Ability to take advanced package substrates from concept to high volume manufacturing. •Work with design, development, operation, quality teams and other disciplines as necessary to complete projects •Self driven to learn to have good understanding on product, process and testing. •Resolve process and quality issues in the product and manufacturing processes •Monitor manufacturing key process and quality performances indexes. •Complete in timely correlation activities and identify gaps among module, component and system. Follow up till the gap is closed. •Audit and approve substrate packaging vendors for mass production readiness. •Monitor supplier builds in their factory on a regular basis. •Ensure assembly suppliers are conforming to Apple product specs and requirements. •Ensure qualification and reliability activities at suppliers are in line with requirements. •Routine status reporting to executives and issue escalation when needed. •Strong contact with supplier engineering and quality teams. •Close coordination with component design and reliability teams
Education & Experience
MS/BS in Electrical engineering or Mechanical engineering