Supplier Quality Package Engineer (SQPE)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple products are as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside. Inside every one of our products, are some of the world's most challenging consumer PCBA and Flex designs. Imagine yourself as a select member of the team that brings these assemblies from concept to high volume manufacturing.
- 5+ years hands on experience with Cadence APD/SIP
- Good EE fundamentals
- Experience in package design, design for manufacturing review
- Familiar with layout review tools such as Valor
- 2D/2.5D and 3D package connection, embedded die in substrate, stacked die, and substrate design experience
- Deep understanding of shielding fundamentals and manufacturing bring-up
- Ability to innovate in the definition and development of design, verification, and automation strategy and streamline package design and release flows
- Familiar with DOE design and JMP analysis.
In this role, you will own and drive advanced package selection, new product package structure and configuration optimization. You will be responsible for package/SIP layout, substrate & package development, optimization, design verification and taping out. -Interface and partner with multi-functional groups throughout Apple on new product package/SIP selection, feasibility analysis and design -Implement package characterization on SiP modules from concept to high volume manufacturing -Work with OEM’s to bring packages from development phase to manufacturing phase
Education & Experience
MS/BS degree in EE/CS or other technical disciplines