Firmware Engineer - Power Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
It is an excellent opportunity to become part of the Embedded systems development team for Power systems to support iOS devices, MacBooks and portables with the exemplary company consistently bringing innovations in the industry. In this role, you will be at the focal point of many cross-functional interactions with the hardware, software, and QA teams.
- 3+ years of experience with embedded systems
- Working knowledge of hardware design, basic power supply topologies and embedded systems for these applications
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Experience interfacing microcontrollers with analog and digital sensors
- Working knowledge of one or more communication protocols (e.g. UART, USB, SPI, I2C, USB-C and USB-PD)
- Experience implementing firmware in adapter environments. Experience in digital control is a plus
- Demonstrated capability in applying software best-practices to firmware designs
- Hands on experience with test equipment including scopes, analyzers, and multi-meters
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
As a Embedded systems engineer working on many of Apple's Power team you will be expected to: - Bring up and debug proof of concept prototypes quickly - Architect, implement, and maintain complex firmware designs - Write clean, easy to understand, robust, and sustainable code tailored for embedded systems - Negotiate, specify and document communication protocols, system states, and FW/SW feature requirements with the SW team - Help select microcontrollers, analyze telemetry data, define power management strategies, and review schematics with the HW team - Experience with Configuration Management tools (git, Subversion) is required - Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Bash/shell, Perl, Python) and Automation is a plus - Interface with the QA teams to inform and shape their white-box testing - Development experience on Unix, Linux, or Mac OS X is preferred. - Some international travel is required for support of prototype builds
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Must be willing to travel overseas periodically as needed