Senior Network Operations Engineer - WAN
Denver, Colorado, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for a Senior Network Operations Engineer to join their Global Network Services (GNS) team. This person will work in a diverse team and environment and be responsible for the Global WAN & optical infrastructure including Metro and Long Haul applications.
- 6 to 8 years of experience with Service Provider network design and support
- Experience in operating a large scale WAN environment utilizing Metro and Long Haul applications
- Experience with Tier I/II NOC functions
- Experience and knowledge in optical lab certifications
- Validated understanding of optical network design
- Experience with New Product Introduction/Implementation
- Experience and deployment knowledge of both longhaul and metro transport systems (design, BOM creation/management, and deployment manage)
This Senior Network Operations Engineer will be developing, implementing, and supporting complex networking solutions to address a variety of business challenges. You should excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and provide not only operational support but work closely with peers in Engineering and Architecture for implementing new technologies. This person must be a collaborative standout colleague that will work across multi-functional groups and have the ability and willingness to mentor others and have a sound business approach for supporting our global footprint. You need to obsess over the customer experience and drive operational top quality in their everyday work. Besides a strong technical role, this position also requires strong people skills and an individual who enjoys the dynamic nature of Apple’s environment
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Optical theory
- Creative problem-solving skills