Sr. Software QA Engineer, Video Apps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications Automation team is looking for an extraordinary Computer Engineer to manage our automation labs and help us ensure that iOS and macOS video apps are high-quality for video makers and visual storytellers. We’re looking for an individual with outstanding analysis capabilities and a passion for video technologies and benchmarks on desktop and embedded systems. We’re looking for critical thinkers who would like to play a key role testing our video applications on iOS software and ensuring a high-quality customer experience. You will have the outstanding and rewarding opportunity to be part of and shape upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- Strong working knowledge of macOS and iOS hardware and experience handling them at scale in lab setups
- Experience testing applications and triaging issues on iOS and macOS.
- Excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent understanding of triaging problems
- Strong software and hardware debugging skills
- Experience configuring systems for accurate performance measurements
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Must be ambitious, a critical thinker, and have strong problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment within your team and beyond
- Familiarity with software development pipelines and bug tracking software
- Experience with video production and/or post production a plus
- Great attention to detail
We want an ambitious individual who flourishes when involved in all phases of functional automation and performance to help drive excellent performance of Apple’s latest technologies in video apps. Responsibilities include: - Managing iOS and macOS hardware labs - Continuous execution of both performance and functional automation tests - Triage and debug issues to identify whether they are related to software or hardware. - Work closely with automation and app engineering teams to analyze and improve performance - Influence improvements in methodology and tools. - Bonus if you have an eye towards optimizing the analysis of large data sets through automation.
Education & Experience
3 years of experience in a related position Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field is a plus