Privacy & Law Enforcement Compliance Team Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. We are seeking a Privacy & Law Enforcement Compliance Specialist to perform a variety of tasks that support the Privacy & Law Enforcement Compliance function within Apple. As a Specialist on this team your primary responsibility will be to process and respond to requests for assistance on emergencies. You will be responsible for processing and responding to requests, subpoenas, court orders and search warrants received from law enforcement agencies seeking access to customer information.
- Review and respond to emergency requests received from law enforcement agencies for customer information
- Participate in on-call emergency requests after-hours, on weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to review and respond to a large volume of time-sensitive standard requests received from law enforcement agencies for customer information which are handled in strict accordance with applicable law, our terms of service, and our law enforcement guidelines, and determine when to raise non-standard requests.
- Research internal systems and retrieve appropriate information to include in emergency and standard-level responses.
- Assisting with the development of reports and presentations about the operational area and providing administrative support as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and clear communication skills with ability to take the necessary initiative to resolve request-conflict issues.
- Ability to perform in an information sensitive environment and lead work activities within strict Data Protection, Privacy, and Security protocols.
- Possess, or ability to acquire and maintain a government security clearance
In this role you will perform legal and tasks and identify and raise non-standard and emergency requests appropriately. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, reliable, and possess the ability to resolve emergency and standard request issues in an effective and efficient manner. Legal Specialists generally perform the key role tasks, but will also be required to support other tasks as needed.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and a Paralegal Certificate or equivalent/higher.